Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

All that Glitters isn't gold.

"All that glitters isn't gold." is a term created by William Shakespeare meaning something that appears so be great might actually end up being a disappointment.

I just like that saying. We're about to read Romeo and Juliet in my English class. I've already read Romeo and Juliet. I bet you weren't expecting that! I have this thing for old books so I've already read almost all of the books in my high school reading list: Hamlet, Wuthering Heights, To kill a mockingbird, Julius Ceaser, Romeo and Juliet, Tons and Tons of Edgar Allen Poe books...the list goes on.

Edgar Allen Poe is a weirdo but I kind of love him. Him and his...gothicness? Ahaha XD. My favorite story from him (I don't know the name) but it's about a man who has a mental condition where he become fixated on a single object (and he becomes obsessed). He falls in-love with his cousin and marrys her. But she starts becoming sick and starts dying. While she spends her last days, he becomes obsessed with her teeth. She dies. Then one night a servent ran into the man's room telling him that someone had messed with her grave. Next to the man was a box...full of teeth.
Creepy, right?

Romeo and Juliet is so romantic! Juliet was only 13 at that time (did you know that?) seriously, who falls in-love like that when you're 13? Something in me feels like this is a true story. I guess I just wish it was a true story.

Oh and today I didn't have time to do my hair (I did my make up on the bus). So I put my hair up in a clip. My friend Dusty said I had the whole "Sexy librarian" thing going on. Lol I told him I was going for the "Attractive Accountant" but that was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...