Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh Darling, don't you ever grow up!

I've been thinking...
Whenever I see a little girl or boy in the store or on the street it makes me smile. I love kids. Maybe it's because of the innocence in their eyes or their geniune smile. They've never been hurt or broken. Well at least most of them. When I listen to some Taylor Swift songs it seems like she had a fun childhood. With a close family. And it makes me very sad sometimes. There was one moment in my life when I was too innocent to realize what was going on- in my family or in the world. There was a time when I thought Evelyn and Larry cared but they never did. I've made peace with that but it still makes me angry at times. When I look at Danny's family I see that they're so close, while my immediate family is close, we're kind of alone. The rest of the family couldn't care less. When I was a kid everyone was close. When I look back on being a kid I remember staring up at the sky and making up stories in my head. I wish I could go back and listen to those stories again. I'd give anything to listen to my own thoughts when I was little. Sometimes I wish I never grew up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...