Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

THE SCARIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE: Ghost Adventure Time.

It all started when I walked into 5th period and Sam came up to me and asked, "Cassidy, do you want to go on an adventure?!"


 I don't know if I have mentioned Sam before in this blog but I first met him in the 8th grade, when he got up in the middle of class and shouted "You stole Christmas!" at our teacher. After that moment, I decided that he would be a great friend to keep around. Needless to say, Sam is probably the strangest guy I know but he's also the most honest and respectful person I have ever met.


"Heck yeah!" I said, thinking that he was kidding.

"No I'm being serious!" Sam said, "You. Me. My girlfried. Jake... and some other people so it doesn't feel so awkward! We're going to go on an adventure. You down?" He asked.

"Sure," I said. I figured that since I was trying to live my life to the fullest; this was a great way to start.

Skip to a couple hours later (at 9 o'clock) Tori and I were waiting outside for Sam to pull up to my house. When he got there we jumped in and drove away. It turned out that Jake couldn't go so Sam invited his friends Chris and Courtney (Sam calls her Curtis). We ended up sitting in Sam's car for 3 hours waiting for Chris's dad to go to sleep so that he could sneak out (I felt like such a rebel).

Sam drives an SUV. Sam was in the driver's seat, Tori was in the passanger, I was in the back on the far left, Courtney was in the middle, and Chris was on the right holding his guitar. Remember that he brought a guitar because it's kind of important. Sam drove us out of the town and down this country road. We went straight for what seemed to be forever, and the trees that surrounded the road seemed to get darker and darker. Sam suddenly turned left and that's when I felt it...

As he pulled over a bridge I felt the tingle in my spine and the air got heavy. I had the beating paranoia that someone was watching me and did not want me there. "How do ya'll feel?" Sam asked as he pulled to the side of the road, and that's when I realized that this was the 'haunted place' he was talking about.
 "I feel like I'm about to pee my pants..." Tori said.
"The air feels heavy." Courtney said from beside me.
"I feel like someone's watching me.." I whispered.
"I feel like going home!" Chris laughed. 

This road that we were parked on was in the middle of the woods. Sam then turned off the headlights and we all sat in complete darkness. The feeling in my spine got stronger and stronger and was almost unbearable. Outside the windows, it was pitch black and the only faint light was from the moon shining through the trees. I couldn't tear my eyes off of the window next to me because I was convinced that something was out there staring at me.

"So do you guys want to get out?" Sam asked.
"No!"
"No."
"Nooo..."
I thought about it for a second, "I'll do it."
 but I ended up getting scared and I couldn't get out of the car.
Chris was sitting in the backseat playing his guitar and singing, "Dear ghost, please don't kill me. I have a wife and family."
Chris said that he kept hearing a jingle sound. Like a DOGs collar. 

Sam ended up driving us to the edge of the woods until we reached a pet cemetery. The feeling was gone in all of us so we all got out of the car this time. The pet cemetery was around 30 graves surrounded by a chain link fence. Outside of the fence was the woods, the trees circled the cemetery at least 50 feet away. As we walked into the cemetery (being very careful to not step on the graves) I felt fine, at peace but something in me urged me to go to the trees that circled us I walked out of the fence first and Sam complimented my courage and compared me to Jake.

There was a trail that led to the trees and as we all walked together, with Chris playing the guitar, we could feel the air steadily getting colder. It felt as if it were winter (bare in mind that we live in Texas, and it was 90 degrees that afternoon). Courtney stopped suddenly and said that she couldn't go any farther because she was feeling dizzy the closer she got. Chris turned on his phone and Sam warned him not to do that. Chris stayed with Courtney but Sam, Tori, and I kept walking. The air suddenly felt warm and we were around 20 feet from the trees. I was kidding around with them and we were having a normal conversation. When we reached 10 feet from the trees Sam and Tori stopped, but I kept walking (don't ask me why). As I stood 3 feet away from the trees I looked up at the canopy of leaves on top of me and through the darkness of the trees in front of me. Everything was suddenly freezing, worst then it had been before. Chris was tuning his guitar behind us. Sam was standing 5 feet behind me.

 I stared forward as I said, "I feel like I'm in the Blair Witch Project." 

And that's when I heard it:
"Ya'll shouldn't be here." The voice said from right in from of me.

I let out a loud scream. Sam yelled a curse word. And we all began to sprint back to the car. Chris and Tori were in front. Sam was behind them. Courtney behind him and I was in the back. I don't exactly remember thinking about it but I remember thinking that I needed to get out of there. I've never ran so fast in my life.

As we got into the car everyone was out of breath.
Chris said, "Where are we going?!"
Sam yelled, "The F**K out of here!" he said he hit the gas and started backing up.
I stared at the trees as Sam shined the headlights there for a moment but saw no one.

We sat in Sam's car as we all discussed what had happened. We were all pale and shaking because we had just witnessed a paranormal thing. Sam had heard the same thing that I did and described the voice perfectly. It wasn't a bad voice, it was calm. It was like an older woman of 60. It was very normal as if it were a teacher scolding you. And the voice was so...clear... so real!

Chris said that as we were running he heard the jingling sound behind him, chasing him for a couple of feet before stopping. We all sat and tried to calm down but we couldn't help it. My mom had texted me 20 times but I hadn't recieved any messages because the cemetary is out in the middle of no where. And she was unusally scared for my safety. When I got home and told her the story, she had admitted that she felt that for some reason that I was unsafe....


HOWS THAT FOR A GHOST STORY?!?!?!







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...