Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

How NOT to Become an Annoying Freshman.

My school got the great idea to come up with a program where a certain group of seniors wear brightly colored shirts the first days of school, which indicate to the freshmen that they are safe to talk to and to ask questions about the school. Great idea right? Turns out that I'm not cookie cutter pre AP kid enough for them so they didn't accept me- which is bull.

But that's my first tip on high school: you have to have the right look to get into anything. Like I said before, I wish that I  could say that looks don't matter but they do. You have to look the part, act the part, dress the part to easily fit into anything. If you want to fly your own path and wear, act, dress however you want (like me) that's awesome! I'm proud of you. But being accepted in clubs, groups, etc... will be a bit harder. Just make sure that your sparkling personality shines through.

STAY AWAY FROM SENIOR BOYS. I know it's been most girls' dream to have a senior boyfriend ever since that Taylor Swift song came out, but I'm telling you this is bad news. Senior boys DO NOT date freshman girls for their personality.

They're only looking for one thing because: 1. Freshman girls are innocent and easy to persuade to do anything. and 2. Freshman girls think that sleeping around is the way you fit in, in high school.

 Sleeping around in high school will NOT make you fit in, I promise. That is a lie that the media tried to shove down our throats to make people believe that our youth is both glamorous and trouble- it's neither. I'm not saying that all Seniors are like this but most are. And if he is asking you about sex at a time when it seems too soon, and a bit uncomfortable- don't sell yourself short and listen to your instincts- he only wants that. And hey, if that's all you want- go for it. But if it's a relationship you want- it's never ever going to happen.

***CALM THE HECK DOWN! This is the main problem with freshmen and this is why most are made fun of and preyed upon. Freshmen buzz around in the cafeteria yelling, jumping from table to table, making a loud fuss, and demanding constant attention. Maybe it's excitement or maybe it's all the Disney channel shows that tell you it's okay to act that way in high school. You're not in grade school anymore- no one is that excited to be at school anymore. People HATE when you call attention to yourself. DON'T DO IT. And this is the most important rule. Please, please remember this. ***

Enjoy high school, you're at the point where everything is easy. Where you don't have to worry about college or term papers. When you don't have to worry about a job. Yeah, it sucks that mom has to pick you up and drive you to the football games but hey, it could be worse. Take it slow before you dive into the 'grown up world' that is high school. Trust me, it's way more fun in the beginning.



^Me freshman year^
I thought I was so cool...
*face palm*
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...