Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Winter Jam Ya'll!

So guys I KIND OF WENT OUT ON A DATE WITH DANNY! Are you freaking out right now? I know you are:) I would've posted about it last night but I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as I got home. Last night the Winter Jam came to Dallas. The Winter Jam is a christian concert thing. Jane had 3 'extra' tickets and she's been pushing my parents and me to go for about a week so finally, my parents said yes. It was horribly stressful, mom made a big deal about EVERYTHING (like she usually does). My parents literaly fought the entire drive up there. I'm kinda glad they fought, it gave me something else to focus on rather than be nervous. We're great actors though so when we actually met Danny, Jane, and Alan my parents were all smiley. Danny actually hugged my mom as soon as he saw her. Mom always feels the need to monitor everything she does around him because she doesn't want to embarrass me so she felt strange. Jane GOT A SUITE! Seriously her company owns a suite there and we had it all to ourselves! Danny and I sat in the blacony (right outside the suite) while my parents and his parents sat on the couch and talked. We talked whenever we could. It wasn't deep, meaningful coversations because we could barely hear each other. We had to put our faces really close together to hear what the other was saying (Mom said it looked like we were kissing a couple of times lol. We weren't!). Alan continued to give us food! I wasn't even hungry to begin with! At first he asked me if I wanted anything and stuck his tongue out at me and ran away. He came back with 2 giant pieces of cheese cake. Danny apologized for him. The cheesecake was pretty good though...
About 2 hours into the concert I got a text:

Danny- :P
I looked over at him and he was looking at me out of the corner of his eyes with this weird smile. We have this inside joke where we send smiley faces whenever we want to talk but don't know what to say. So I sent him a crayon:)

Me- O))_crayola_))>

We just laughed. Maybe it was a 'you had to be there' moment?
Mom said that Danny and I were in 'sync'. She said every time I brushed my bangs out of my eyes, he would fix his hat. Every time he yawned, I would yawn 2 seconds later (we were both REALLY tired). Whenever I tapped my foot, he would do it too. And apparently we sat the same way. My mom would notice stuff like that. Danny and I held hands for a second...but his mom held hands with him too. Lol the pastor guy told everyone to grab hands with the person sitting next to you (we didn't even pray! We just sat there holding hands like idiots)...he has warm hands :)

After it was all over we walked to the parking lot and I had to give Danny his valentines day present. It was a heart shaped pillow that said 'Text me' I thought it was funny because of what he got me. He just blushed and smiled. His parents stared at us the ENTIRE time. After, our parents stood in a circle and talked for like 15 minutes while we stood by the truck. He didn't say anything- He just held onto the pillow and smiled awkwardly. Finally after a couple minutes I realized I did something wrong and I said:
"Did I just make things awkward?"
He smiled "No I just don't know what to say..."
"I did make it awkward. I'm sorry."

He said "No that's not it. I just promised myself I wouldn't make tonight awkward...and I know if I say something right now I'm going to say something stupid and..."
Then we left with awkward hugs and sleepy goodbyes. As soon as I got into the car my phone vibrated:
Danny- Thanks:)
Me- You're welcome. I'm sorry I made things weird.
Danny- Haha you didn't at all :) it turned out way better than I though tonight was gonna be:) I'm glad you came good night:)


There were THREE smiley faces in the text message. When we got home mom talked to me in the kitchen. She told me a story that Jane told her: One day Danny ran up to Jane and said "Mom, mom! I asked Cassidy to be my valentine and she said yes!!" Then Jane said "Danny, what does that mean?" and he said "I don't know but she said yes!"

For some reason this seems like I ripped it straight out of a badly written, teenage romance novel but I didn't! I just can't believe something so...adorable could be happening to me. AND to answer your question- he is very cute:) He's got dark hair, dark eyes and DIMPLES! Lol they're cute. He's really skinny but I realized that he's like 6 feet tall (which made me, being 5'3, feel really short) which makes him look skinnier than he actually is.
Alright bloggies, I have to go! Thanks for reading and listening to my boring stories:)

2 comments:

  1. NOT boring! and so cute! are you swooning in your head and giggling for no reason at all? you and Danny-Boy have some serious synchronizations! Chemistry, indeed. and i don't mean in a laboratory (unless y'all roll like that)!

    ReplyDelete

The Posts that People Actually Read...