Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Band nerd?!

Mom has this friend, Jane. Who she hasn't talked to in about 16 years. They got reconnected through Facebook and Jane invited us over to her house. Mom was like "She has a 16 year old son...he's kind of skinny....he's in the marching band..." and automatically that feeling came back. The 'my parents are going to make us awkwardly hang out while they talk' feeling, so I was not excited to go. We drive about 2 hours to her house and I suggested turning around many times. We get inside of the house and we have our awkward hellos with Jane and Alan(her husband). Jane yells down the hallway for Danny (the band nerd) to leave his room. Next thing I know, these two SUPER fine guys walk down the hallway. One is short and has the flippy thing going on (Ben) and the other is like 6 feet tall and really skinny (Danny). Of course I suddenly wished that I spent longer on my hair and make up. There are the awkward hellos and they start to walk away when Danny says "You can come back if you want to." so I follow them into his room where there are TWO MORE SUPER CUTE GUYS! I'm like "What the heck is going on here?" They were very cool and I later found out that they have a band. So technically they are still 'band nerds'. Danny was sweet :) he tried to make sure that I didn't feel awkward. Whenever they laughed about something Danny would explain it to me. They continued to ask me to play guitar for them. I was like "No because I'm nervous and it's going to sound crappy." then they all laughed and said "You shouldn't be nervous."
Danny smiled at me and said
"Yeah, seriously we're not that cool.
We're those weird kids that sit in the corner."
*Why did I italicize/bold that last part? Because I say that ALL THE TIME. I'll say "I feel like that one quiet kid in the corner." at least 6 times everyday. LOL we have so much in common.*
I could tell they were the weird kids but they were so cool that I loved being around them. I ended up looking at Danny more and more. He looked right back at me. By the end of the day, Jane and Alan had given me a bag full of stuff to keep. Danny gave me 2 bracelets (one ninja turtle and one that says his band name). And before we left I heard "She's hot." coming from one of their mouths. I turned around fast and Danny's face was all red and Ben was pushing him.
Needless to say, I'll be looking forward to when they come over to our house.

2 comments:

The Posts that People Actually Read...