Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to the January Blue Skies.

Happy New Year! And Happy January 2, 2011.
2011, can you believe it? 2010 seemed to go so quickly, like in a flash it was gone. To be honest, I'm sort of happy that 2010 is over would've been the worst year of my life (heck, it probably was). From starting high school and everything that happen after, I wouldn't go back to the first day of school for any amount of money. It was that horrible.
But then again...it was also one of the best years of my life.The world is full of contradictions.
So as the new year comes in you can expect more boys (of course), more drama, and possibly a new Cassidy. I bet you're waiting for a New Years Resolution list. Here it is:
1.Live life to the fullest before 2012 strikes the world dead.
2.Lose some weight
3.Pass Freshman year (God knows I don't want to be a fish next year)
4.Kiss a boy. *doubtful*
5. Around 3 Random Acts of Kindness a day.
6. No soda for 2 weeks.
7. Learn Austin's last name.
8. Make someone smile.



My grandpa Bob left me a sweet email the other day. Bob, is probably the smartest person on the planet. He talks very slow and he adds an 'ah' sound at the end of every other word.
Example: "So, Cassidy-ah. How-ah are you doing-ah in high school-ah?"
Other than that he is a great guy. He's the type of old man that they write country songs about. The wise old man who is always right, that's Bob.
This is what he said:
Wow! A Brand New Year. This is a Special day - Just like a Birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter - It only surfaces once a Year. Key - It's a new beginning.
If you did something right last Year - you get to remember and repeat - But if you made a mistake, it's time to forget the past and live for the future. A New Biginning.
Happy New Year.
Love Always, Grandpa
I smiled at the end when I saw that he accidentally spelled Beginning wrong. It makes him seem more...human, I guess.


So I'll leave you with a text I got from Scott:
"2011: the year before the end of the world. Live it up."
there's something to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...