Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

First of all, I have to say Happy Valentines Day!
This is the first one that hasn't sucked in a long time. We don't have school today (it's some teacher work day thing) so I can tell what happened yesterday. Yesterday my parents and I went swimsuit shopping for Hawaii. And guess what! I got a bikini...top. I'm wearing a black top with a blue flower on it and board shorts. Mom freaked out when she saw me in the bikini "You're too skinny!" She said. Which lead to a fight in the dressing room about how much I eat a day. Dad just stood outside the dressing room with this scared look on his face lol. While we were leaving the store I got a text message from Juan. Juan is this guy who dated my friend for a while and he rides my bus. I didn't really know him but I replied anyway.
About 5 minutes into the conversation he sends:
Juan-So do you have a valentine?
Me- *Oh no* I have a guy in mind *Danny, Austin, not you* Who's your valentine?
Juan- Who? And I don't have one...
Me- Oh you probably don't know him. People are obsessed with getting Valentines though, it's ridiculous
Juan- I might know so who?
Me- *Sigh* His name is Danny. He lives in *********. See I told you you don't know him:)
Juan- Yeah you were right. But keep guys that you actually see in mind. (hint hint) like me:)
Me- Awkward Moment
Juan- Nah:)
Um YES awkward moment! I don't like Juan, I never will like Juan!! #1- I wouldn't date my friend's ex boyfriend-not with the way that they broke up. #2- I DON'T LIKE HIM! NOT EVEN AS A FRIEND which brings us to #3-I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM THAT WELL!
But after that disaster I get this text message:
Danny-Hey guess what!
Me-What?
Danny- I got you something. :)
Me- Wait what?
*He didn't reply*
Yesterday we had to go EVERYWHERE! We went to at least 20 stores to get all the things we need. Which caused my parents to yell at each other. They always fight when we go somewhere or at any holiday or any vacation. It's just that mom gets stressed out and rides dad on EVERYTHING. Then dad holds in his frustration until he just can't take it anymore and he'll blow up on mom for NOTHING. Then mom's always like "Why are you yelling at me?" and pulls the victim card. And I'm always in the back thinking "You guys are acting childish!" but this time I was too preoccupied with Danny's text message.
For dinner we had grilled chicken (with my FAMOUS mac'N'cheese) when the grill CAUGHT ON FIRE ON THE BACK PORCH! You want to know what was worse? We couldn't find the fire extinguisher because it wasn't in the garage! So mom had to use flour (which didn't even work) I'm not even sure how they got the fire out! But dad just got two small burns on his hands from the grease.
After that day I was ready to just sleep all night long. I posted on Facebook that I was tired and Juan had to comment be like 'sweet dreams' I ended up deleting the post. I sat on my bed and watched the Grammys (I've never heard of Arcade Fire but apparently they were the album of the year so...) I got a text from Danny. It said:
Danny-Hey! :)
Me- Hey...
Danny- You okay?
Me- It was just a long day.
Danny- Oh I'm sorry.
Me- No it's okay. So what's up..
*a couple minutes later into the conversation*
Danny-So do you have a valentine?
Me- *I laughed to myself* Nope
Danny- Would you like to be my valentine
Me- I would love to:)
Danny- I'm glad:D
Around 10 minutes later I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water and mom walks in and says "So why is Danny so happy?"
I said "Um...what are you talking about?"
She crossed her arms "On Facebook he said 'That just made me extremely happy'"
I laughed "I don't know. I wonder why..." I walked past her
"Uh huh! I'm sure!" She called after me
"Good night mom."
At exactly 11:59 last night I got a text from Facebook. Danny had posted 'Happy Valentines Day!' on my wall.
So that's my pre-Valentines Day story. I have NO idea what it means that I'm his 'Valentine'. I really don't know what is going on. But all I know is that he made a bad day great. In an ironic way considering that I didn't want Valentines Day to come around at all and the fact that I didn't want to meet him in the first place....
Lol well guys it's Valentines day which is also my parents anniversary. I have to take a shower and get ready because we're probably going out to eat soon:) Have a Happy Valentines Day! Oh and remember that Valentines day is about all sorts of love. Not 'boyfriend/girlfriend' love. ALL types.
Love,
Cassidy
(Do you want to be my Valentine?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...