Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fate: The REAL reason why Romeo and Juliet died.

Fate plays a big role in the ending of this story. Romeo and Juliet are described as ‘star-crossed lovers’ meaning that fate wanted this story to happen the way it did. If the families hadn’t hated each other Romeo and Juliet wouldn’t have to secretly marry. If Friar John had gone a different route, he would not have been Quarantined and the letter would've gotten to Romeo on time. If the Apothecary had a little more money he would not have sold the poison to Romeo. If Romeo waited a minute before drinking the poison he would realize that Juliet was not really dead. If all this happened the story would be different. As Romeo’s dream foreshadowed “I fear, too early: for my mind misgives, Some consequence yet hanging in the stars, Shall bitterly begin his fearful date, With this night's revels and expire the term, Of a despised life closed in my breast, By some vile forfeit of untimely death.”
While I believe that the families are very much to blame for the deaths of Romeo and Juliet, I believe that fate is the most responsible. Everything was interconnected so it seems as if it were ‘written in the stars’ that they were destined for this tragic ending.

THAT was a excerpt of my English project from a couple of weeks ago. I got a 95 (would've gotten a 100 if it was double spaced). A couple weeks ago the thought of fate wasn't so important to me but now it seems like everything. Here's a little recap of Wednesday-Sunday:

Like maybe if I paid more attention to Jake, he would've never been with her. If I told him my feelings, he wouldn't have to wonder. Maybe if Travy hadn't asked, Jake wouldn't have said he liked me. Maybe if I actually went to the pep rally I would never have started crushing on him. If my cousin hadn't had a rebel phase he wouldn't have made me crush harder. And maybe if I had left a couple minutes later I wouldn't see him and his girlfriend together. Maybe I wouldn't see him smiling like crazy. And maybe I wouldn't feel happy for him, but bad for me. And maybe I could've saved my breath and maybe I could've saved my time.
It's seriously strange how life is so interconnected. Maybe it's part of my fate to 'accidentally' push him down the stairs...haha.
Well he has a new girlfriend. It's actually an 'old girlfriend'. They dated for 5 months last year...as Jake said and quote "I will not mess it up this time."
Well you sort of messed it up with one person Jake.


2 comments:

  1. U R A PIKUL ROST MARZHMELLOZ I LUV CHIKEN NOW GO EAT WALNUTZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIV UR LYFE 2 DA FULLEST! ROWMEEO AND JEWLIET ROOL DA SKOOL!

    ReplyDelete

The Posts that People Actually Read...