Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Almost Santa.

I felt a little like Santa today. You know, except for the whole...fat and hairy thing. My parents have these friends who are in a little bit of trouble. Their names are Pete and Sarah and they needed a little help. Pete is an ex-marine and they are both...well old hippies I guess. They are very anti-government. Pete wouldn't take social security for a long time because of it but then Sarah got sick...
They were forced to live in a horrible neighborhood to be able to pay for Sarah's hospital visits. Their house was constantly being broken into. They have a son named Mike who got into a lot of trouble as well. He went to jail for 20 years.
He got out about a year ago but we found out that he broke into a car a week ago. A couple of days before Sarah's birthday...
So, knowing that they can't afford that much food; my parents and I made a basket for them. FULL of blankets, snacks, sugar-free candy (they're diabetic), fruit, etc.


We snuck it on their front porch and left. I hope they get it.


And I hope they get a Merry Christmas.

That's the basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...