Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A girl with Kaleidoscope eyes.

So I am a die hard fan of the Beatles. And no I'm not one of the fakers that likes one song but wears their t-shirt everywhere so that people think they're deep.
I swear, if they found a way to bring George Harrison and John Lennon back to life for just ONE reunion concert I would sell my kidney for tickets! No lie.

Maybe, you've notice from my little pink playlist at the bottom of the page that I have a lot of 'Beatles' songs covered by the musical Across the Universe. While I do love that musical, if the real versions were on the website I would pick those instead. Just sayin.
What I love about the Beatles is that they haven't written a song that I haven't loved. And it seems as if every one of their songs has a secret coded message behind the lyrics.
Like the song Lucy in the sky with Diamonds:
I have a STRONG suspicion that song is about someone tripping on LSD.
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Yeah...
I mean back in the 60's they couldn't write music as boldly as we do now. Everything had to be coded so that parents didn't realize that the songs were really about drugs or sex. So I wouldn't be shocked if their song I wanna hold your hand was really about sex.



You know *bragging time* my mother actually talked to George Harrison on the phone. George Harrison! Also known as MY FAVORITE BEATLE!
Mom worked in a law firm in the 90's or 80's (I don't really remember what date she said) but it was the time when he was in the Traveling Wilburrys
(along with Tom Petty who is also one of the greatest men on the planet!).
Mom said that he called introducing himself as 'Spike Wilbury' (which was his nickname for the band). Mom obliviously asked him for his real name.
He said in a British accent "George Harrison."
Mom was STILL oblivious that she was talking to a beatle. I mean how many British guys out there are named George Harrison, right?
She ended the conversation but as soon as she set the phone down her mind clicked! She jumped and said
"OH...MY...GOD!"
So yeah...no big deal! ;)



So the Beatles are the bees knees!


Heres some of my favorite songs:
1.Here comes the sun.
2.With a little help from my friends.
3.Hey Jude *Na, Na, Na, NA-NA-NA-NA*
4.Let it be
5.I wanna hold your hand
6.Can't buy me love.
7.Revolution
8.Dear Prudence
9. Twist and Shout
10.Imagine *really only John Lennon
but...I'm still putting it here*

My father and I always get into a fight about whose better: The Beatles or Micheal Jackson. He says Micheal Jackson because Micheal lasted for 40 years and the Beatles only lasted 4 or 5. Well that only proves the Beatles awesomeness BECAUSE of course Micheal is going to stay popular if he's always around. The Beatles have been over for 50 years and they STILL have a strong impact.

But I must admit...Micheal is pretty awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...