Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Strange Dreams? Cowboy Russell...

FINALLY! It's a personal post! Yay, right?

Last night I had a WEIRD dream. It was completely random! It was about my brother's friend Russell.

Russell and Marc have been friends since they were 13 (and I was 7). My parents have always loved Russell because he was sweet, polite, kind, all that good stuff. He stayed over at our house a lot because his mother was very sick and was in the hospital. I think her name was Patrica; and she might have had lung cancer (I was too young to remember).

Russell soon became just like another older brother. Well a nicer, quieter, a better smelling older brother. They stayed friends all through high school until Senior year when Russell and Patrica moved to Oklahoma. Town population- 400. Russell said his graduation class was about 20 people (7 of which were his cousins). He's visited us every other year (most of the time Marc wasn't even home) and he stayed for dinner and told us what was happening in his life. The last time he came it was before Marc and Carissa left to get married. Russell gave them a 100 dollar bill as a wedding present and informed us that he had joined the U.S. Army.
Of course my brother was
P I S S E D
"After everything I tell you you go out and join the military? Not even the Marines? The...army?"
(Marc has always had issues with the Army)
Russell laughed awkwardly "Sorry buddy, it was something I had to do."
I don't remember the dream that well, I just remember certain parts. I was 16 or 17 (at least because I was driving). Russell visited us and said that he'd be staying here for a while. He also said that once he left he would be doing his last tour of Afghanistan (my dreams are very detailed). I ended up taking him, my brother, and Carissa to a JV football game (because Marc and Russell played JV until Russell got hurt and Marc got sick their Junior year).
Marc and Carissa left for some reason and I started talking to Russell actually TALKING. We talked a LOT and about mostly nothing, just talking. Finally Russell told me how much I've changed since the last time he saw me. Then...HE KISSED ME!
I was like "Whoa! Whoa! What just happened?"
Russell said "Oh my god! I am so sorry it's just-"
THEN I WOKE UP!
Yeah, weird dream! Not creepy at all! Considering the fact that HE'S MY OLDER BROTHER'S FRIEND! I mean he's only six years older then me but STILL! I guess Russell is cute. The last time I saw him his hair was REALLY dark and kind of long. He was skinny and TALL and he smelled like dirt. Very tan but he had a scratch across his cheek (he said it was from some barbed wire) and he drove a Chevy truck. Classic cowboy, red neck thing going on, right?
I hope he's okay. Considering the time we he told us that he has enlisted into the Army he's probably in Iraq right now. I the reason I had that dream wasn't because something bad happened to him...because, you know things like that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Posts that People Actually Read...